- Enjoy mountainous landscapes in Northern Vietnam, admiring rice terraces, towering mountains and meandering rivers.
- Head far away from the touristic villages close to Sapa to discover more authentic communities steeped in tradition.
- Follow small trails around Sapa, meeting farmers on the way and enjoying spectacular views.
- Stay overnight in villages inhabited by ethnic groups.
Trip Duration: 03 days/ 04 nights
Activity: Adventure - Soft Trekking
Tour Operates: All year around
Guaranteed to depart: From 02 persons
Tour price: Available upon request
Please contact us for the best possible tour price based on your travel period and inquires.
Day 1: Night train to Sapa
Pick up at your hotel in Hanoi then transfer to the station for the overnight train to Lao Cai. Overnight on board in 4 berth cabins.
Day 2: Lao Cai- Sapa. Walking Lao Chai – Ta Van Eco Lodge – Lech village
Arrive Lao Cai in the early morning, transfer up a mountain road, winding along terraced hillsides to Sapa, a former French hill resort and home to some of Vietnam's most colorful ethnic groups. Buffet breakfast at Chau Long hotel. Early check in is included. After breakfast, we transfer to Lao Chai village –home for Black H’Mong people. From here we start wandering through bamboo forests, heavily wooded areas, along the river side and through paddy fields. We pass through the beautiful rice paddies and traditional huts of the ethnic minority people. We get to Ta Van village after a couple of hours walking, in here we have chance to discover the culture of Giay people. After Ta Van village we transfer a short distance to Eco lodge, where we stop for lunch and admire the fantastic view of Sapa Valley. Following lunch, we descend to Lech village. This beautiful village is inhabited by majority of Red Dzao people.
Trek: 5 hours walking. Meals: Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner Accommodation: Home-Stay
Day 3: Sapa – Silver Water Fall- Heaven Gate – Sin Chai
Our guide and driver will meet you at hotel and transfer 40 minutes approximately to Silver waterfall. The road winds up the terraced mountainsides, enjoy the picturesque scenery of vast valley. We stop for visit Silver waterfall before our bus drive us to Heaven Gate, the highest peak of roads in Vietnam. Admire the stunning view over the Fansipan Mountain which is considered as “ the roof of Indochina”. Afterward, we start our walk at a point nearby the waterfall, by a descent on a trail through bamboo forest, which belongs to Hoang Lien National Park. Enjoy our picnic lunch at a nice place nearby a river. We then continue trekking toward the bottom of Sapa valley where we finish our trekking at Sin Chai village. This is the village where the Community Based Tourism in Sapa takes place. Sin Chai is home to Black Hmong minority, one of the largest group ethnic minorities in Sapa area. After visit some local villagers’ home and watching their weaving and dying work, we return to Sapa by bus. Overnight in Sapa (B,L,D)
Trek: 4-5 hours walking. Meals: Breakfast; Lunch ; Dinner Accommodation: Home-Stay
Day 4: Sapa – Ma Tra – Ta Phin
After breakfasts commence trekking to Ma Tra village. This walk commences with a short walk through Sapa and along a trail through beautiful gardens and lush pine forests. Passing through the village of Ma Tra, where the Black H’mong tribal living, watching the daily life of the friendly villagers. We then continue for another walk through rice paddy fields with spectacular scenery. Rest in local ethnic school for light lunch before continue the afternoon trek to the Red Dao minority village of Ta Phin, the residence for Red Dao and Black Hmong ethnic minority hill tribes living with each other in the same village, as well as visiting a workshop and a nearby cave. Transfer to Laocai station for night train back to Hanoi. Overnight on train.
Trek: 4-5 hours walking. Meals: Breakfast; Lunch ; Dinner
- 01 English speaking guide throughout.
- Local English speaking trekking guide in Sapa for trekking days
- 01 private air-conditioned vehicle for transfers as itinerary except trekking days.
- Tulico/ Ratraco/ TSC train tickets Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi on 4 berth sleeper compartment.
- Russian jeeps transfer to/from trekking place in Sapa
- Village trekking permission
- Basic first aid kit (recommend clients to bring their own basic kit including rehydration sachets)
- Sight seeing admission fees where indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner).
- Bottle drinking water for trekking days ( 03 liter/person/day)
- Snack and local fruits for trekking days
- Accommodation in twin shared room in hotel with daily breakfast.
- Day used room for few hours in mini hotel in Laocai on the last day for refreshing and showering
- International air tickets to/from Vietnam and international airport departure tax
- Visa to Vietnam. Please assure to get visa prior departure.
- Walkie talkies or SAT phones
- All services not mentioned clearly in the "inclusions"