Maichau mountain bike 3 days 2 nights
- Towering limestone karsts.
- Mountain trails through the tranquil countryside.
- Delicious local food prepared according to the best village tradition.
- Interacting with Thai ethnic cultures.
- Authentic village overnights on bamboo bedding in traditional Thai homes.
Trip Duration: 3 day
Tour Operates: All year around
Guaranteed to depart: From 02 persons
Tour price: Available upon request
Please contact us for the best possible tour price based on your travel period and inquires.
Day 1: Hanoi- Mai Chau- Poom Cong- Cun Pheo. (Approx 30km)
7.30 Our guide and driver will meet at your hotel in Hanoi. Depart Hanoi early for Mai Chau arriving at Poom Coong village around lunch time. Bike presentation is carried out before we take a warm up ride around villages and enjoy home cooked lunch at local home. After lunch cycle to the Tai village of Cun Pheo on a mix of good single track paths and undulating rough jeep trails. The views are stunning as the ride passes through many villages and across rice paddies. Pass hot springs, cycle across suspension bridges and follow the contours round beautiful terraced rice fields. On arriving in Cun Pheo village the rest of the afternoon is at leisure to wander by foot or explore the village trails further by bike. Dinner and overnight in local village homestay at Cun Pheo
Transfer: 4 hours. Cycling distance: Approx 25-30km. Difficulty: Moderate. Meals: Lunch & Dinner.
Day 2 – Mountain Loop Cun Pheo- Buoc- Mai Chau Lodge (Approx 30+km off road)
A contrasting and more challenging ride today, though there is plenty of opportunity to stop, rest and admire the views. After breakfast enjoy relatively easy biking on undulating terrain for the first seven km then the trail begins to climb uphill - steep in parts, undulating in others. Rise above the valley and look down on small hamlets, feel and hear the forest surroundings as the trail snakes up and along the mountainside. Stop for a siesta in a Tai village house, a welcome relief from the heat - before tackling the last few km to the top of the pass. Cruise a final eleven km downhill all the way back to Mai Chau. For those needing more challenging biking it will be possible to cycle further. Tonight we dine and overnight at luxury Mai Chau Lodge.
Cycling distance: Approx 25-30km. Difficulty: Moderate. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 3 – Village ride – River ride Lac- Bai Sang- Hoa Binh (Approx 20- 22 km)
After wholesome breakfast, we pick up our bikes and cycle to Bai Sang ferry. While the scenery is not as picturesque as Mai Chau, the landscape is still beautiful. Cycle a great country road from the ferry to the main road. Time permitting cycle enticing looking single-track options. Take a private 3 hours local boat on the Da River the largest reservoir in Northern Vietnam and cruise to Hoa Binh. Have picnic lunch on board the boat and relax enjoying the views and cool breeze. Hop in bus at Hoa Binh and transfer 2 hours to Hanoi in the late afternoon.
Cycling distance: Approx 20-22km. Difficulty: Moderate. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Although it is our intention to operate the itinerary as detailed proposal. We will do our utmost to stick to the set itinerary, however we cannot be held responsible for any last minute changes that might occur. It may be necessary to make some changes as a result of climatic conditions, alterations to flight schedules or other operational factors.
Insurance: It is a condition of joining our trips that you must be adequately insured. All persons are expected to arrange their own insurance. Polices should cover any potential risks involved in a mountain cycling holiday. We ask for a copy of your policy to be sent in with your completed booking form. Currently The Indochina Trekking Company does not act as an agent for any insurance companies but we can offer impartial advice.
- Experienced English speaking guide throughout. One guide for every 10 pax.
- A Professional mechanic to take care of bicycles.
- Air-conditioned vehicle for transfers and back up as per itinerary. Additional trucks to carry bikes.
- Private boat trip on Da River from Bai Sang to Hoa Binh.
- Local bike hire. Helmet and spares ( Mountain bike TREK/ front suspension)
- Jeep back up for off-road cycling on day 1 & 2
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch & D= Dinner)
- Healthy snack, fresh local fruits and soft drink for biking days.
- Bottled drinking water for biking days.
- All sightseeing entrance fee where required in the itinerary.
- Accommodation in hotel (Twin /Double shared room). Please see our choices at the selected hotel portion.
- Simple First Aid Kit.
- International flight reconfirmation.
- International flight to/from Vietnam and international airport departure tax.
- Vietnamese Visa. Please assure that you have visa before departure.
- Travel Insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
- Personal expenditure (telephone, laundry, shopping and so on…)
- Tips for guide, driver, porters. We recommend 5 USD/person/day for guide, 3 USD/person/day for driver and 2 USD/person/hotel when you check in/out.
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Any other services not clearly mentioned on the itinerary and trip inclusive portion.