Two days in Mekong Delta
- Spend two full days exploring the delta, seeing its floating markets, coconut groves, cottage industries and more.
- Take a trip on a traditional river boat, weaving through narrow waterways.
- Move off the tourist sites and walk or bike through quiet laneways on Delta islands, enjoying the tranquility of the region.
Trip Duration: 2 day
Activity: Exploring/Cultural tour
Tour Operates: All year around
Guaranteed to depart: From 02 persons
Tour price: Available upon request
Please contact us for the best possible tour price based on your travel period and inquires.
Day 1: Hochiminh – Can Tho At 0830 leave bustling Ho Chi Minh for the delta town of Ben Tre. Arrive in the city to get on a boat in Phong Nam bright and early to start exploring coconut’s homeland. Follow the flow of water down Chet Say River. Observe life on the river like how locals transfer goods and agriculture products by boat along the Mekong Delta. Visit a coconut workshop where guests enjoy how sweet coconut candy is. Stop at the other places to learn how many handicraft products can be made from coconut. Interact with locals to see how bricks are handmade from clay and mats are woven from sedge. Conclude the tour with a cycle (or moto cart ride upon availability) to a local restaurant for a local style lunch. After lunch, hop on a sampan and row along a coconut palm canal to cruise back to the Jetty. From here transfer to Can Tho where you will spend the night at the Hotel in Can Tho.
Meal: Lunch; Dinner
Day 2: Can Tho – Ho Chi Minh city After enjoying breakfast at the hotel take an early departure at 0630 to see the Mekong's largest floating market, Cai Rang, a market with Hundreds of boats congregate with a piece of fruit or a vegetable attached to a pole at the bow signifying what is for sale on each. During the early morning market hours, larger sized boats anchor and create lanes that smaller boats weave in and out of. The waterway becomes a maze of hundreds of boats packed with mango, bananas, papaya, pineapple and other types of produce. Following head back to Can Tho where you will have time to freshen up before lunch and your return journey to Ho Chi Minh City.
Meal: Breakast; Lunch
- 1 night accommodation at the hotel as mentioned in twin share with daily breakfast
- English or French speaking guide
- Lunch on day 1 & day 2
- Boat trip in Ben Tre & Cai Rang
- Transfer as the program by private vehicle
- Sightseeing tour as mentioned in the program
- International and domestic flight
- Visas, travel insurance, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned